Today was an interesting day at church. We were excited about getting the earlier block this year and even happier when they moved it from 10 to 9....today they announced that because the high priests meet Sunday morning we had to move it back to 10am--at least it's still an improvement from 12pm! Also, we had two families move during the year and didn't realize they were now in the other wards boundaries....the stake and wards have become aware of this and told them that next week they need to go to the proper meetings. This is especially sad for us not just because of the numbers, but one family are good friends of ours (they have two young girls like us) and the other family is our beloved nursery leader and her three precious grandsons who we love in primary! They will be missed by all.
Amazingly, this is not all that happened today!
I was released as 2nd counselor in the primary presidency today-very unexpectedly-my new calling is................................Primary PRESIDENT! I'm a little freaked out be the responsibility the Lord thinks I am ready for, but I am also excited. Pray for me please :) What a day, I hope every Sunday this year isn't quite so exciting.
3 comments:
Sara-- wow! Primary President. I will be praying for you. I struggle enough as 2nd councilor in a presidency where 2 members don't pull their weight. How many children do you have in your ward? You will do a great job though! Congratulations.
Congratulations on the new calling. I'm glad it's you and not me. I would never be able to do it. You are a lot better then me though. Tell Brent that the move hasn't happened yet but it won't be the same without him. But we don't really have to do anything because the company is paying for everything. Your girls are both very cute.
Congratulations Sara on the calling! Just take it one day at a time...you will do great. Thanks for all your comments on our blog. I am not good at commenting...obviously. It is great to see your beautiful family pictures. We miss you guys, but are glad to stay connected. Garrett says to tell Brent Hi! Love you guys!
The Laws
Post a Comment