Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful for...

The kids are in bed, the pies are made, the turkey's thawed. Now I have a few minutes to remember the things I am truly thankful this year.
~ My dear, wonderful, amazing Husband Brent. Marring him was the best choice I've ever made in my life. He is my soul mate and my one true love. I look forward to the eternities with him. I love that he is a worthy and active priesthood holder, he is always willing to give the girls blessings when they need them, and to serve the ward.
~ My children. Aspen and Ella are at fun/interesting/tiring stages in life being 2 and 4. Even though most days I get them in bed and they finally fall asleep and I just want to crash, they are the most rewarding effort I've ever put into anything. To see them grow and learn every day and to know that I am part of forming that mind and spirit is amazing to see. I also look forward to welcoming any more of the spirits Heavenly Father sends to us.
~ The Church/Gospel. I don't know where I would be in my life with out it! I don't think I have the personality to have gone completely 'off the deep end' but I do know that I would not have the chance to be so happy and feel so complete in my life with out the knowledge that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me so much that they have created a plan for me AND my family to return to live with them for all eternity.
~My Church Calling. I have been in a Primary Presidency for almost 5 consecutive years, I've been President for coming up on 2 year. Even amidst my breakdowns, wanting to pull my hair out, and week after week of reverence issues I LOVE my calling. I feel so blessed to be trusted to influence the young minds and spirits of so many children. I love that they know my name and many of them go out of their way on Sunday mornings to say hi to me before Sacrament meeting. I love sharing the spirit and how it has touched/changed/influenced MY life. I know there will come a time when I won't be working in Primary, but I don't look forward to it (no matter what I say on a Sunday afternoon...)
~ My love of reading. Being able to open a book and escape the 'real' world for a little while is something priceless to me. I love being able to get into a new story and meet new people, solve mysteries, witness new love, and travel the world through characters in a book.
~Music. There is always music in our home. A CD, singing, Brent playing guitar. It give our home such an uplifting and pleasant feel. It helps keep the grouchiness at bay (for mommy!) and is a great way to help our children grow and learn.
~ Good Friends...Near and far! I have had the chance to get to know some amazing women in my life. I am so grateful that I am able to have relationships with them and I hope I am at least half as much a support to them as they are to me!
~ My parents. They have always ALWAYS let me know I am loved, no matter the choices I make. They have been constant examples on how to live my life worthily, my marriage happily, and raise my kids semi sanely! I love them so much, and it is SO hard to be away from them most of the year. I talk to Aspen and Ella about them all the time, about how much they love and miss them too, and how they were a great mom and dad to me when I was a little girl.
There are so many other things I could put on the list, but these are the things I've been impressed to share today. I hope everyone has a Happy, Healthy, and Blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow!

No comments: