
Ella has finally reached the weight for a forward facing car seat, so we have been searching for a child/youth seat to move Aspen up to and put Ella in our Graco Comfort Sport. It has been a search and we've been trying to get quality and a good value but had not been able to find anything. Through a friend I found a connection to get a new car seat for Aspen for a VERY good price. Our Fire Safety House in Fort Myers GIVES car seats for a $20 donation to families who make an appointment to be taught/shown how to install the car seat properly. So I called and got the details, they were 5-pt harness convertible to high back booster seats-which is excatly what I wanted for Aspen, so we made our appointment! Yesterday was the big day, we've been talking to Aspen about getting a new seat and Ella moving into her 'little girl' seat becuase Aspen is a big girl. We get there and the lady who does the install is very nice and good with the kids. She get's Aspen all excited about her new Blue Fuzzy car seat (it is pretty soft!) It is a Safety 1st Surveyor. We go over the weight and height requirements, proper strap length, etc the we take the seat out to the car. We get Aspen's brand new seat installed and she hopes right in and LOVES it. The lady helping us say's she'll do Ella's car seat now to make sure it is in properly also. We get it out, move the straps down and try to move the crotch strap back to where it needs to be.....problem...the strap is STUCK I mean we called a fire fighter over to help and he COULD NOT pull it out! The strap has gotten twisted and frayed from us trying to get it out so either way it is no longer safe to use. We LOVE this car seat :(. Then the lady who has been so kind and helpful with getting Aspen a car seat and fixing Ella's says she feels so bad about 'breaking' my car seat. She gave us another car seat just like Aspens FOR FREE!!! And she orders a new crotch strap for my Comfort Sport and having it deliver to my home. When I get my new strap she showed me where to cut my old one out and how to install my new one. This means for $20 I got 2 brand new car seats (that retail for about $80 each) and a new part to my Comfort Sport. It may have been a long morning to get it all done, but a good one anyways!
1 comment:
What an awesome deal!! I'm glad you found a solution you are happy with. I know you were stressed about getting a new carseat.
Post a Comment