Friday, January 2, 2009

Out with the Old in with the New

As much as I'd love to post Christmas pictures, our camera died on us 2 minutes into our morning. I'll have some Christmas Eve pictures from my in-laws here some time thought...
Anyways, here is a summary of the Brent Culbertson Family's 2008

Ella
The youngest member of our family has changed so much. She turned 1 in November and is becoming such a 'little girl'. Now that she is officially walking (started about 13 1/2 months) I'm am suddenly babyless again *sob* Ella loves to cruise around the house, talk, squawk, chase and be chased by daddy, eat cheese, and snuggle her baby doll. She has two bottom teeth now, they cut through at about 11 months and she is now painfully cutting her two eye teeth, gotta loving teething! Now we are counting down the months till she can go to nursery during church (4 months and 4 days...) and we continue to enjoy her spirit and personality and the depth it adds to our family group.

Aspen, oh, Aspen
Our little drama queen, everything is either the most happiest thing or the worst most terrible thing, no middle ground for our Aspen. She turned 3 years old in August this year but if you have a chance to spend anytime with her you would probably think she was closer to 4. Not because she is academically advanced or anything, just spend sometime with a 4 year old attitude and you would know what I mean. She is bossy, and smart mouthed, manipulative, and lazy, and everything she can think of to make her parents CRAZY. She is looking forward to starting VPK-Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten next fall and wants to take dancing lessons. We can't believe how much she has grown and her mother is still suffering bouts of hysterics facing Aspens first Sunday as a Sunbeam.

Dane
Now half-way through his sophomore year is HS Dane has enjoyed 2 season in the Cape Coral Marching Sea Hawks band as a member of the percussion pit(plays on the side line) next season he hopes to move up to the marching drum line. We were able to go and see one of his halftime performance during the football season, and though they are very small (less then 50 members) they have good talent. Dane is now 17 years old (October) and enjoying life. He is the center of the social group in our Young Men in our ward (and for most of our Young Women too!) We love having in our family!

Brent
Now almost 1 year into selling Health Insurance we are getting a grasp on the field and settling into the career. He is working on building his clientele and his own team to sell under him. He is now only working part time from home and part time from an office, instead of full time at home, which was a challenge! However, the girls do seem to miss not having him pop out of his 'office' a few times a day to play with them. Brent is an amazing father, he loves to chase, tickle, and cuddle his little girls, and they love to have him do it. He is still young men's president in our ward and is working hard with the youth and our newly formed scout committee to get the scouting program flowing for our boys.

Sara
Well I'm pretty much the same as I've always been. I am happy to still be able to stay at home with the girls, we joined a play group this fall and have been enjoying making many new friends and going on some exciting outings. I'm still primary president, we have been very excited to see our primary go from about 7 active kids to 15! I am on the Boy Scout Committee heading up the activities/tour permit end of things, something I basically did anyways for Brent! I discovered the Twilight Phenomenon and read the 4 books in the saga and saw the movie Twilight on opening night.

Hope you all have had a great year to reflect on and many blessings and much love for the coming year of 2009!

No comments: