Today was Aspen's first day of VPK. For those of you who do not live in Florida here is what Voluntary Pre Kindergarten is....It's a state funded PreK4 class, it is free for the students the year they turn 4 before Sept 1, it is offered at private and public schools, day care, and preschools. Because Aspen's birthday is Aug 26th she will be one of the youngest in her school classes because she just makes the cut off by 5 days! She is SO ready for school so we aren't to worried about that. Aspen will be attending a Private Christian school for 3 1/2 hrs M-F! We had the chance to meet her teacher twice and check out her class room a week ago, Aspen is so excited and not nervous at all, when I took her to her class she settled right in and didn't mind a bit when I left. Now I'm anxiously awaiting pick up time so I can hear all about her first day!
PS I HAVE NOT cried yet today, I'm so proud of myself.
1 comment:
too exciting. They do grow up so fast. She will love school.
Post a Comment