Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great Labor Day weekend this year! With Aspen in school M-F she had a hard time grasping the concept of not having school on a Monday, she asked if Labor Day was like Halloween when I told her it was a holiday ;). It was a busy weekend for all of us but sadly though I had my camera with my I was to busy having fun to remember to use it!
Friday Dane had his first football game of the season (marching band) and The Cape Coral Seahawks beat Mariner High for the season opener...Go SeaHawks! While Dane was at his football game Brent, the girls and I went to a church pot luck dinner that was a farewell party for our Bishop and his family who have unexpectedly relocated to Utah for an amazing job opportunity. The Thomas Family will be much missed in Cape Coral!
Early Saturday morning I headed up to Orlando with Pat (my Mother in law) to do a temple session and have lunch. We had a great time visiting on the drive up and down, and because Brent and I had been to the temple with our friends the Ratzmann's the week before, it was the first time (possibly ever!) that I've made it to the temple back to back weeks! It felt so great! Brent enjoyed his Daddy Daughter Day and had the whole day planned out. He watched Saturday Morning Cartoons with the girls, then took them to lunch at CiCi's pizza. Then while Ella napped he and Aspen watched Earth. Then they met us back at G&G Culbertson's house to eat snacks and watch the BYU vs Oklahoma Game...Go Cougars!
Sunday was about normal but the entire ward was anxiously awaiting to see if they called a new bishopric (as per the bishop moving as mentioned above) and they didn't make any changes yet, so we are still waiting...
Monday the girls and I got up early to get some things for the day (food) and then we went boating with our friends the Gehrett's and then after a quick exchange of items off to the Piacente's house for hamburgers and swimming at their new house! We love having such great friends in our area and are looking forward to many more opportunities to spend time together!

No comments: