Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Promise to try harder!

I know it has been ages since I've posted (going on almost a year!) I'm going to start trying to post weekly (if not daily) AND I've decided to 'un'private my blog because of ease for certian family and friends to be able to view the blog.
So much has happened in the last year I'll just give a quick run down (I'll get to picutres later I have tons on my computer and even more on my camera but can't find my cable since the move!)

So far in 2011
  • Dane graduated HS and Seminary and enlisted in the Army.  He is currently in Basic Training (graduation is just a few weeks away!) and will be moving on to Ft Lee, Virginia for his AIT training in Small Artillary and Weaponry Repair.  He is doing GREAT, maturing and growing in boundless ways, and we are so proud of him!
  • We bought our first home in June, we've been here for almost 3 months now and we are loving it!  I have some pics to post later, I'm excited to have a place of my own to start decorating over the next few months/years.  The girls love having a yard to play in (no canal to worry about falling in now!) and Brent has a nice large den for his office (that he is so nicely sharing with me as a craft space (:  )
  • Aspen completed Kindergarted and loved it!  She is now atteneding 1st grade at a different school (since we moved) and is still loving school.  This new school offeres violin lessons during the school day, and she is LOVING those.  They also offer dance and drama along with music, art, and PE!  She just recently had her 6th birthday and we celebrated with a Beach/Under the Sea Party (at the beach!) with some friends.  I can't believe how big, smart, amazing she is becoming everyday.
  • Ella is not in a school this year (they did away with her preschool from last year so sad!) but is enjoying the time at home and playing with her friends every chance she gets.  She is nearing her 4th birthday and is really starting to grow up and become a helpful little and big sister.  She is still our handful, but as our communication improves on both ends so has the contentions between us!
  • Adelene is growing, growing, growin, she is now 13 months old!  She got her first 2 teeth at 7 1/2 months, my earliest by far, but hasn't cut anymore since.  I think there are two more bottom ones on the way at 13 months!  Addy gave up baby food at 8 months and has been eating what everyone else has been since then.  She isn't walking yet, but loves to crawl/bear walk/cruise around the furniture!  Her personality is coming out to shine.  It is amazing to see how different each child is (PS she has RED hair!) she is deffinatly 'easier' then Ella was at this age, but by no means the easy going, quite toddler Aspen was.  She has found her voice (a very high pitched screech) and loves to use it to get her way!  We love her so much and am so greatful for her part in our little family.
  • Brent is still brokering Health Insurance and enjoying his job.  He has recently been called back in the the youth program at church as the 2nd Couselor in the YM's presidency AND Scout Master.
  • I am doing well, no big changes.  I am the RS Humanitarian, but do to some budget issues haven't really had a chance to fulfill my calling yet. I'm looking forward to learning more about serving our community, nation, and world.  I am back to teaching piano lessons after taking the summer off.  I would like to take on more studends, but am having a hard time finding the time (with Brent working from home he needs more 'quiet' time).  I love being able to pass on my love of playing the piano to others.  Earlier this year I decided to join the martial Arts school that Brent, Dane, Aspen, and occasianally Ella went too.  So far as a family Brent is an adavned Blue, Aspen Advanced Orange, Me Orange, and Ella white belt.  We will all be testing/advancing in Oct!  Brent is less 1 year away from  his black belt (including the 6 month waiting period between Deputy Black and Black belt!)  We all love going to class and learning new things and getting the great workout!
Hope all is well with everyone!  Hear's to a new blogging goal!

No comments: