Saturday, September 17, 2011

Still looking...

Okay...I promised pictures...well I'm still looking for my camera cable!?!  I haven't seen it since we moved :( I really hope I can find it soon!
Anyways, this last week we were luck enough to get two letters from Dane AND TWO PHONE CALLS!  The sad part is both times he called Brent wasn't home and wasn't able to get to his phone :(.  Dane is doing well, counting down the days to graduation (less then 2 weeks) and a return to slightly more normal life (they get more freedoms during AIT then BCT).  Unfortunately he caught his foot in a pot hole while running during PT and banged up his knee pretty bad just 1 day before his final PT test.  He passed everything except his run (which he finished just 1 min over the required time) AFTER he didn't pass he decided maybe he should tell his Drill Sgt that he couldn't bend or hardly walk on his right leg/knee.  He was sent to the Medic and came back with a brace and crutches!  He is now off the crutches and has seen a Physical Therapist that has told him some exercises to do to strengthen his leg muscles around his knee (no serious injury just needs to strengthen those specific muscles to protect his right knee)  Dane is on restricted activity for the weekend and back to full activity on Monday for his Victory Forge, a 10 mile/2 day march and then retake the PT Test on Saturday.  Please keep him in your prayers this week so he can heal quickly and completely and be able to finish out BCT with out any complications!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sara, thanks for leaving your blog address for me. I don't know what was going on with blogger.

Anyway, best wishes to your family and a bit extra for Dane to get better quickly.

Karen