Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween Costume--Aspen the Blue Fairy

Aspen was a little cranky with me because I wouldn't let her roll around on my bed in her costume...a few Pumpkin pictures later (from playhouse Disney) and she was all smiles again.



Aspen's true personality comes out!
So this year I have been very adventurous with my sewing machine Brent gave me for Christmas last year. I made Aspen's Easter dress, a few pairs of shorts, and now....her Halloween costume (I considered tackling the girls Christmas dresses, but with the baby coming so close to the holidays...maybe next year). This is definitely the most difficult thing I have made so far and it turned out pretty good. Aspen calls it her "bootiful" dress or "pincess" dress and loves to twirl around in it. This morning was the first time she has had it all together with the robe and the wings. Isn't she the cutes fairy ever!

2 comments:

shannyn said...

Hooray!! I'm glad you guys have one of these. I was wondering what is going on with you and the pregnancy. Aspen looks very cute in her costume. Is her hair curly? I'm impressed with you sewing skills. Until next time. Shannyn, John and Jack

Gerritt and Melissa said...

Hi Sara! Aspen is so stinkin' cute! I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you guys! --Melissa (you know, Heather's friend)