As you know I was induced, but didn't quite have the text book induction. Brent and I arrived at the hospital at 5 am Tuesday morning, by 5:30 they had started my pitocin which started my contractions immediately at 7:15 the Dr came and I was 3 1/2 cm dilated and he broke my water which really got the show going. At 10 am I was really starting to feel the pain and was in a good contraction pattern, they figured I would deliver early in the afternoon. I asked for some pain killers and they gave me some NuBain and check me I was 6 cm dilated. At 10:15 am I could really feel a lot of pressure and had Brent call my nurse back in....I was fully dilated already. So I started pushing, about 5 min into that my mom (who had caught a red eye the night before) came running into the room one push later I was crowning and they called my Dr to come over from the office (which is just behind the hospital) he showed up, scrubbed up and about three contractions later I deliver our little girl. We are happy to welcome Ella Mae Culbertson into our family as of 10:32 am Tuesday November 6, 2007. She was 5 lbs 14 oz and 18 1/2 in long and absolutely perfect. From initial induction to delivery was 5 hours and 2 minutes, but they said actual labor was more like 3 hours (from when they broke my water) My nurse and dr were both surprised at how quickly I went, but also how I handled it (once again no epidural for me!) Ella has been eating heartily since she was 3 hours old and is a fairly quite baby (so far...), but has already shown a distaste for chocolate *sigh*. Aspen loves her baby sister and the two days we were in the hospital she would tell whomever she was with that she wanted to go see mommy and baby sister. Now we are home and looking forward to hour new "normal"! Here are some of the pictures from the first two days of her life.

Right after Delivery

Granna cutting the cord


5 lbs 14 oz was the official weight, only 2 oz smaller then big sister Aspen (even though she was 2 1/2 weeks further along then Aspen!)

Our little peanut.


Daddy and Ella
Aspen meeting Ella for the first time. She loved to look at her and tell everyone how cute she is.

Daddy reading to Aspen her new Big Sister book the Granna Smith brought her.

Aspen playing with the blocks that Great G & G Smith made for her. She quickly learned how to stack them 5 or 6 high and then laugh as she knocks them over.
2 comments:
congratulations you guys. she is a beautiful little girl. i can't believe you delivered both of your babies without an epidural. hope all is going well.
Congrats! Ella is so cute, and so much smaller than my Abby was. (You are so lucky!) Hope that things are going well, and that you are getting some sleep!
Post a Comment