Monday, February 25, 2008

Just thought I would give you all an update on what's been going on in our family....
First, I have some new pictures I took, but the camera battery is so dead I don't even have enough juice to get them off of it and onto the computer (pay day this week I'll get new batteries!) Sorry!
Brent is continuing to study for his Series 6 test that he will hopefully be able to take in just a few weeks, he is also in and out of the Chase office every week.
I'm still trying to figure out all this Primary stuff, but as a presidency we do fill we are teaching our children and they are feeling the spirit, so I guess the important stuff is covered. I'm very VERY excited because my older sister Heather has purchased plane tickets for her and her daughter Sophia to come and visit us for a week in April....so when are the rest of you going to start saving up for your trips!!! j/k. Aspen loves to pretend to talk on the phone to Sophie and asks me when they are going to get on an airplane and come see us. We are counting down the weeks.
The kids are great, and growing faster and faster! Ella is 3 1/2 months and can almost sit up on her own, almost roll over--it looks like my peace of mind with just setting her on the floor when I've got to jump up and do something is just about over--and she loves to laugh and smile and chatter with others. Aspen could entertain herself from early on, but Ella is a very social baby and loves to have someone talk to her or sing to her or play with her. She doesn't need to be held, but interacted with, but the smiles you get make it oh so worth it! She still wearing 0-3 month clothes, but I have begun pulling out the 3-6 month and can't believe how well they fit her already, better get the rest out quick before she out grows them! She goes back into the doctor on March 11th, so I'll have a weight and height update then.
Aspen still is high energy all the time. She loves to dance and run and cook and color and just play play play all the time. She also loves to sing and is quickly learning new songs. The new ones she has learned recently are "Once there was a Snowman" and "Little Mermaid song" (where she just sings Ah ah ah ah like at the part where Ursula takes her voice) and is learning "Part of your world". We attended a baptism last Sunday where a primary child sang a song. When she was done Aspen thought it was her turn and for the rest of the service we had to keep pulling her back because she wanted to run up there and sing her solo (we let her after it was all over, what a DIVA we have got!) And as of recent her wardrobe is almost lacking it "appropriate clothing" according to Aspen because she must and WILL wear a dress everyday at some point in time!!! Even this morning I had to bribe her to wear pants because her dresses need to go in the wash. Of all people how did I get a girly-girl? I'm still not sure.
We hope you all are experiencing happiness and wellness we love and miss you all and can't wait till we get to see you next!

No comments: