This year I was only able to send out a limited number of Christmas Cards...so I decided to design one of my own and post it on my blog for everyone else I wish I could send a card too!Here is 2009 for the Culbertson Family in review!
~Brent~
Brent has been enjoying second year in the field of Health Insurance. He still works from home 2-3 days a week and as always loves being in sales! This June/July he had a change in his Church calling...for the first time since we moved to Florida Brent is not working with the Youth, he is in the Elders Quorum Presidency! He has enjoyed getting to know, teach, and work with the other men in our ward.
~Sara~
I am loving being an at home mom to my children. It has been a great blessing that I have been able to be at home with them at least during the day since I had Aspen! I have been teaching piano lessons this year, but through advancement and moving I am currently with out any students, something I hope to change in the next few months. I really enjoyed sharing my love for music and the piano with the younger generation. I am still in my same calling at Church as Primary President with a few changes around me in the organization...is it just me or does it seem that every time you get a group organized or almost there something big happens! We have had some major changes in our Stake. At the beginning of the year they split our stake, then they dissolved our old ward in Fort Myers sending those members to 4 different wards, then a few months later they dissolved the other ward in our building so we are just one Cape Coral Ward now! It has been a great thing in the primary we when from 15ish regular attendees in Primary to 40!
~Dane~
Dane has been enjoying his Junior Year at HS. He participated for a 3rd year in the Marching Band Drum line and will be trying out for the Drum Captain position for his senior year! He hit a big goal this semester in school by passing his FCAT (state standardized tests) for Reading and Math which are required for graduation. We can't believe that he will be graduating in just 1 1/2 years and are so proud of him!
~Aspen~
This has been a big year for our Aspen! She has started Preschool; in the state of Florida they have a government funded program called VPK (voluntary pre kindergarten) that is free for children the year they turn Four before Sept 1. She goes to school 3 1/2 hrs M-F and she LOVES it. She can already write her first name, knows the sounds to all the letters and can sound out basic 3 letter words! We are looking forward to next semester when they really start to focus on reading! Her favorite color is still Pink, and her favorite Princess is Belle. She is such a fun little girl to have in the family and we love to see how much she grows every day. Aspen has loved being a Sunbeam in primary, she has improved a lot over the year in sitting still during Sharing Time, and she loves to learn the songs. I can't believe she is going to be a CTR in just a week and a half!
~Ella~
Oh Ella, what a year. Ella fell head first into the Terrible 2's this year. She is great at hitting, pinching, and pulling hair, throwing tantrums and screaming fits. But then she can be so sweet wanting to cuddle with you and be wrapped up in her blanky, share with big sister, and kiss her baby dolls. We love her so much and it is fun (when I don't want to pull my hair out) to watch her learn to deal with each new challenge in life. Ella loves nursery at church. She has a little friend who is just less then 2 months younger then her and they love to play and fight with each other! She has one more year of nursery left before becoming a Sunbeam!
I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! Hope you all have had a wonderful, and blessed Year and Happy Wishes for the new one just around the corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment